Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's Next?

Despite the swollen ankle, vomiting and diarrhea I’m still able to look ahead towards the next few races.


Hopefully I’ll be back to running in time for the Tuesday night run at Twin Brook next week, and then do a few more easy ones over the course of the week. The following weekend we’re headed up to Baxter State Park for a family camping trip so instead of running I plan to get a few good hikes in. The weekend after that is the Bradbury Mountain Breaker so I hope to be recovered enough to get a good run in there (in addition to organizing the race).


Then there’s a gap in my racing schedule so it will be a good time to work on rebuilding my endurance after recovering from the 100. I plan to get in a few 20+ mile runs and at least one over 30 as I train for the Vermont 50 on September 28th. But before that is the final race in the series at Bradbury, the Bruiser on September 14th.



After the VT 50 there are 6 weeks
until the Stone Cat 50 Mile and Marathon Trail Races. I haven’t decided which race I’m going to do yet. Stone Cat was my first ever 50 miler last year, and it would be great to return and put in a better time this year, but I think I better wait a while and see how everything else works out before committing. It is a fun race put on by the best bunch of trail runners in New England so it’s one I definitely don’t want to miss.


Lots of good times ahead. Bring it on!


Oh yeah, there may be some ink thrown in there too...