Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Post-100 Run

Emma and I returned to Twin Brook this Tuesday for our regularly scheduled group run and my first run since the VT100. We were met by a big group including Erik, Blaine, James, Dave, Jeff, newbie Logan and late arrivals Katy and Chuck.

We ran the "usual" route which includes jumping one of the twin brooks, however with all the rain we had in the past week this little brook was swollen to a level beyond human jumping capabilities. So following James' lead we waded across and kept running.

Thankfully the swelling in my ankle had finally gone down and I was able to walk and bike without any pain. I was delighted to find that I was also able to run without any real pain. There was some minor discomfort with the occasional awkward footfall but generally speaking I was able to run just fine. I discovered that my legs moved a little sluggishly but this is to be expected.

I'll get in one more run this week and then Emma and I are off to Baxter State Park for a long weekend of camping. I should be able to get in a few good (short) runs while we're there and plenty of hiking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your ankle is healing. Have fun at Baxter. It's beautiful up there- just don't forget the bugspray.