Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

That Was Wet

As I attempt to make Thursday morning runs part of my regular routine I wasn't about to let a little rain put me off today. However, it turned out to be a lot of rain this morning. With the recent warm weather we've had the streets and sidewalks are finally in better shape for running but Back Cove is a mess. There was still a lot of ice on the path, in many cases submerged under standing water from all the rain. It was kinda fun running through the puddles and sections of mud, I missed mud.

I had considered doing the same 9 miles that I ran last Thursday but my back has been a bit sore for the past week and although it's starting to feel better I didn't want to over-do-it. I'll wait until the weekend to over-do-it on the trails where it will at least be more fun.

time: 51:43
distance: 6.05
pace: 8:33

weather: 37 degrees, steady rain

conditions: wet, icy, puddly, muddy

gear: Inov-8 Roclite 315 with screws, wool socks, short tights, long sleeve top, windbreaker, gloves, baseball hat

4 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Hey Trail Monster,
What software are you using to make your maps.
I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 but my maps look pathetic compared to yours.

mindy said...

You're a better man than I am. I was on the treadmill inside the dry gym. I like your idea of overdoing it on the trails where at least you'll have fun! :)

R. Ian Parlin said...

No offense but I hope there doesn't come a day when someone says "Mindy, you're a better man than Ian"

Dan said...

I agree the maps are cool. The ones I get from MotionBased are crappy. Ian, what are you using, Sport Tracks?