Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Early Morning

Since Emma has become a licensed RN and started working full time early shifts I've made an effort to get up early and get a run in before going to work. It's not easy for me, and the runs are a little on the slow side but I think I could get used to it. It is nice being able to see the sun rise over Casco Bay.

This morning I did a loop from home to the Western Prom, down to Commercial Street for it's entire length to the East End Beach, up to the Eastern Prom and then back home along Congress Street. There was a lot of ice on the roads and sidewalks but my screw shoes kept me upright.

time: 52:38
distance: 6.49 miles
pace: 8:09

weather: 18 degrees, clear and calm

conditions: icy roads

gear: Brooks Cascadia 3 with screws, wool socks, tights, 2x long sleeve tops, t-shirt, gloves, mittens, buff

2 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

When I used to live on that route I used to do a similar run pretty regularly.

Yak Hunter said...

Full-time earlies! That is cruel.
By the way I keep meaning to say, I guess your temperatures are in Fahrenheit? Confusing for us europeans. It has been unusually cold over here. Any more of it and we might have to try screw shoes.
Hope all's well and all injuries are healed...YAK