Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Friday, November 7, 2008

So, you run marathons? That's cute.

It's been four years since I last ran a marathon, that makes it sound like I've been running for a long time but I don't feel like I have. I guess I just gave up on that distance pretty early on.

I'm a little nervous about the Stone Cat Marathon tomorrow, I know I can cover the distance but it's a scary distance to race. The Stone Cat course is easy enough that I should be able to run a consistent pace throughout, I'm just not sure what that pace should be. I don't want to go out too fast and have a bad second half of the race, and I don't want to go out too easy and miss the opportunity to run to the best of my ability. I'm also a little nervous about my knee, it was bothering me a little bit last weekend. I took it easy with my runs this week and felt fine, but racing for nearly 4 hours could easily bring it on. Yesterday I went to see Michael Gaige for a massage at Maine Running Company. He immediately identified the muscles in my quads that were responsible for causing the knee pain and worked them over pretty good. I'll spend a little time on the foam roller tonight and theoretically I should be fine for the race.

Here's what I'll be listening to on the drive to the race:



Bring it on!

4 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

Good luck!

pathfinder said...

Good luck tomorrow...I think I would let my body set the pace for the first half and then re-evaluate for the second half....if you go to slow you could have the excitement of sprinting the last 5K......everyone likes to watch a strong finish and you pass so many runners!

sn0m8n said...

Needs more Journey.

mindy said...

Good luck!! I'm too late to offer any advice, but I'm sure you will tear it up out there!!