Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Politics

Since I obviously have a lot of respect for the well carved pumpkin I thought I'd share this one that I found:


Actually I came across this picture on a write-up about the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon that Jim pointed out to me. So there is actually a legitimate connection to trail running. And we were talking about this race while running at Pineland today.

Since the Halloween run and post race festivities turned into a pretty late night last night I decided to sleep in late and meet Jim and Blaine for a run at Pineland at 10:00 am. My ankles were a little sensitive from all the twisting and rolling on the rocky terrain last night but in general I felt pretty good. The trails were busy with a cross country meet on the Oak Hill trails and dryland sled dog event on the River Loop so we had to choose our route carefully. We did get to see a few folks set off in the sled dog event, 4 exceptionally athletic looking dogs pulling custom built chariots built out of mountain bikes. Pretty wild, I wish we had a camera with us.

About 40 minutes into the run my right knee started to bother me a bit, and by 50 minutes it had turned into a slight pain. Jim and I decided to call it a day after about 6.4 miles at a 8:49 pace, Blaine continued on for a few more miles. The knee feels fine now but it does give me a little concern since it's only a week until the Stone Cat Marathon. Time to really taper.

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

Nice pumpkin :-)

And sounds like the Halloween run was a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll be able to make their next event.

Have a good taper week -take care of your knee- and good luck at Stone Cat!