Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

2 Hours @ Pineland

Finally a run that went to plan. Blaine, Brett, Sara and I set off at 8 from the YMCA, and then half a mile later picked up Chuck who had arrived just a little late. We followed the usual route which is as the race goes minus the fields.

I tried to keep the pace a little more sensible than last week and I think we did a good job of that, it felt comfortable the whole way through. The weather was perfect for running, cool but not cold. About an hour into the run I started to feel a mild discomfort in my knee but nothing that could be classified as pain so I didn't feel the need to make any adjustments to my plan for an even two hours running.


With an extra lap of the Pownal Trail Blaine and I returned right at the two hour mark. Ok, my watch said 1:59:42 and I ran around the parking lot for 18 seconds to get to my two hours. Brett and Sara were right behind, and Chuck had finished earlier without doing the Oak Hill loop.

time: 2:00:00
distance: 13.36 miles
pace: 9:00

Since I'm hoping to do a little better than a 9 minute pace for the marathon in two weeks this was a good run. The pace felt very comforatable the whole way through and hopefully I can maintain it for another 2 hours. We'll see...

No comments: