Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Morning Hill

I didn't manage to get in a run in last night so I decided that I would try to do a double today. It was tough but I got up earlier than usual this morning and was out the door by 6am. I know it's not that early really, but I've been used to sleeping in a bit later over the past few weeks. I picked a road loop, knowing that it was going to be up for the first half and down for the second...

I started out slowly as I was still trying to wake up and adjust to the cooler temps, but by the time I got to the top of Blackstrap Hill my legs were ready for a quicker turnover. Splits: 8:28, 8:11, 8:04, 7:13, 6:55

Twice I passed entrances to trails that run along the power lines and gas line, and it was tough to resist the draw to go exploring but I really didn't give myself enough time this morning.

I'll probably do a lap or two of Back Cove after work tonight, we'll see.

time: 42:58
distance: 5.6 miles
pace: 7:40

weather: cloudy, great sunrise, low 50's

gear: Saucony Grid Sinister, Wright Socks, shorts, long-sleeve shirt, hat

No comments: