Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back Cove 5k

The only good things to say about the weather recently is that it hasn't been too hot. I'm not a big fan of heat when I'm running and it's actually been very comfortable running temperatures lately. I had hopes that the cooler temps on Wednesday evening would help me run a fast time around Back Cove in the Weekly Back Cove 5k race. I had a good warm-up of about a mile and a half and bumped into a bunch of Trail Monsters including Lily, Jeff, Randy, Blaine and Alan as well as a few other friends.

I didn't wear my Garmin so I don't know what my splits were but I suspect I followed my usual pattern of setting off a little too fast and finishing a little too slow. I tried to pace off of Randy for a while but he either sped up or I slowed down, I suspect the latter. He ended up running the race that I wanted to coming in just under 19:30. I was happy with my time of 19:46, not my best time at Back Cove but still pretty good.

time: 19:46
distance: 3.1 miles
pace: 6:22
place: 22/142

No comments: