Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Making Gaiters

Not a lot of excitement in the world of tapering. I'm starting to suffer from long run withdrawal.

Tonight I decided to make some gaiters out of an old long sleeved technical running shirt.

I started by cutting the sleeves off, then slipping my feet through the cuff, putting on my shoes and cutting the sleeve to the right length.


I hemmed the cut edge and attached a strip of elastic.


Voila! Gaiters.

2 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

Very domestic.

Unknown said...

What an ingenious idea. Thanks! I was about to attempt this using a bandanna, but I think the shirt sleeve idea is fabulous.