Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Run on the Bruiser Course

Sunday morning I met Randy and Ben at Bradbury to run the 12 mile Bruiser course. It was already very hot and humid at 9am but luckily the course is entirely in the shade of dense forest so it wasn't too bad.

It had been about 7 months since I last ran this course but I didn't have any trouble finding my way around. Of course when I got to the O-Trail in the last 2.5 miles of the course I had to work hard to find the trail through all the hairpin turns on rock and root infested ground.

One of the reasons I wanted to run this course today was to get an elevation profile to add to the Bradbury races website, which I was able to do.


I also brought my video camera along for the run to add to the little collection I have on the race website. Bradbury Mountain Trail Running Series The video, although very shaky, seems to capture the density of the forest and narrowness of the single track trail.



time: 2:06:22
distance: 12.0 miles
pace: 10:35

No comments: