Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

10 miler

After a month of pretty unmotivated running during the month of December I finally feel like I'm getting back into a more serious training routine. I still haven't figured out what I'm training for yet, but no doubt it will require me to get into better shape than I'm in right now so I've got some work to do. I ended up bailing on the GAC Fat Ass 50k, but I still wanted to get in two solid runs this weekend. Saturday was 14.2 miles on snowy/icy trails at Bradbury, and on Sunday Emma and I went out for a 10 mile road run from home.



It had been a while since the two of us had been out for a run together from home so it was nice to sleep in, have a good breakfast and head out mid-day. We started out pretty easy, or slow, which made sense since the previous days run was pretty long for us and the first two and a half miles were up a pretty good sized hill.


After the third mile we settled into a somewhat faster, but still quite comfortable pace and enjoyed the good weather.

Oh yeah, I suppose there is that 10 mile race in Cape Elizabeth to train for, I guess I should get a few more road runs in and start working on my speed.

time: 1:22:16
distance: 10.26 miles
pace: 8:01

weather: low 30's, sunny

gear: Saucony Grid Sinister, wool socks, short tights, long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, thin gloves, baseball cap

No comments: